2008-01-03

Passing of a Pioneer

Passing of a Pioneer

There are many people you don't know until they leave.. and James P. Anderson, Jr seems to have been one of them. Reading through the memorial that Spaf wrote I came to realize that many of the books I have read through the 1980's on computer security were edited or had been worked on by Mr Anderson. (OK I am silly guy who has read the Orange book as a page turner even if I couldn't understand it all.. ).

--

Jim had broad interests, deep concerns, great insight and a rare willingness to operate out of the spotlight. His sense of humor and patience with those earnestly seeking knowledge were greatly admired, as were his candid responses to the clueless and self-important.

--


If I get half as nice a memorial as that.. I would be lucky.