2010-07-16

Things to Think About

Todays SANS newsletter had a quote from a poem that hung in Mother Theresa of Calcutta's childrens home. It is probably unknown how these words got from a 19 year old 1969 student leader to Mother Theresa.., but I think they have a resonant feeling towards Linux in general and Fedora in specific. [ I won't comment on some of the pretentiousness of the title or some of the wording.. I remember quite a bit of bluster I had when I was 19 years old.]


What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.


One of the things that happens over and over again in Fedora is things get built and then thrown away. We have changed scripts, we have changed backgrounds, programs that were here in FC-1 are gone.. and it can be quite frustrating. On the other hand, many times its the lessons learned and insights found that make later things better or just different.

[I keep saying this to myself as I go looking through the F-14 systemd and wondering why all the stuff I am used to is going out the door.]

No comments: