2010-03-09

If you have nothing nice to say...

So going through various posts today, I came to the conclusion that the most wearing of body and soul are the ones where the writer has nothing but critiques of an idea, a position, the implied criticism that the person who wrote the letter has no worth as a human being, and the fact that no part of the idea should ever be implemented, reviewed, added onto or listened to.

It is really depressing... because it implies
  • that unless you have a perfect plan, do nothing.
  • that failure is never an option
  • failure reflects upon the very character of the person who tried.
  • that to speak is to open yourself up to being abused.
Personally I am tired of it. bone tired. I think the wise saying my parents told me seems to be missing:

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
Post a Comment