Norway's NRK seems to have dropped their ogg streams for MP3 ones (this looks like it happened sometime late last month before I went on break). So most of my channels are now giving me the "Searching for MP3 plugin" which they won't find unless I get an updated fluendo software package.
But worst of all audio-ogg.ibiblio.org was "gone". Not even 404, it is
$ host audio-ogg.ibiblio.org Host audio-ogg.ibiblio.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
This however turned out to be bad DNS. [Every couple of lookups showed a NXDOMAIN and I had filled the negative cache with requests :)]. So how to track it down.
[ssmoogen@ponyo ~]$ dig +trace audio-ogg.ibiblio.org .... ;; Received 441 bytes from 184.108.40.206#53(g.root-servers.net) in 74 ms ibiblio.org. 172800 IN NS ns.unc.edu. ibiblio.org. 172800 IN NS ns2.unc.edu. ;; Received 81 bytes from 220.127.116.11#53(b0.org.afilias-nst.org) in 95 ms audio-ogg.ibiblio.org. 86400 IN CNAME sopwith.metalab.unc.edu. sopwith.metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN A 18.104.22.168 metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS ns.unc.edu. metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS dfranklindns.its.unc.edu. metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS ns1.int.ibiblio.org. metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS dmanningdns.its.unc.edu. metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS fasterpass.net.unc.edu. metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS ns2.unc.edu. ;; Received 315 bytes from 22.214.171.124#53(ns.unc.edu) in 90 ms
I used to have a shell snippet that would take that "IN NS" section and query by each to show which ones weren't working.. but I lost it during a bad set of backups and never rewrote it. So I go by hand. We end up with 3 bad DNS servers responding with no sopwith.metalab.unc.edu or 50% of the time getting no WCPE.
metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS dfranklindns.its.unc.edu. metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS ns1.int.ibiblio.org. metalab.unc.edu. 600 IN NS dmanningdns.its.unc.edu.
Well off to let ibiblio people know but no idea about NRK. [I will miss Super.. I was beginning to learn some Norwegian I think.]